What is the SAP?
The Student Assistance Program (SAP) offered through Employee & Family Resource (EFR) is designed to help students, families, and schools manage the impact a wide variety of personal and family problems can have on student behavior and achievement. Free and confidential services, accessible 24/7 by calling 515.244.6090, include:
- Telephonic consultation for assistance on challenges you or your family may be facing (no limit)
- Live chat consultation is also available via the chat button at the above link
- Six (6) sessions of in-person counseling with masters-level clinicians
- Referrals to community resources, if needed
All services can be interpreted to non-English-speaking clients at no additional cost.
Who is eligible?
All Central Decatur CSD students have free, confidential access to the SAP. All household family members of students are also eligible for services.
When should I make the call?
The SAP helps students and their household family members with issues that interfere with your daily activities, happiness, family stability, or overall well-being. Some concerns an SAP counselor can help with include:
- Alcohol and other substance abuse issues
- Conflict, bullying or violence
- Dating and relationship issues
- Depression and anxiety
- Eating disorders
- Family concerns
- School performance
- Trouble with peers
- Anything else that keeps you from reaching your full potential