E-Registration for 2023-2024
2023-2024 Creating Parent/Guardian Access in PowerSchool
Welcome to the PowerSchool Parent/Guardian Portal, our student, teacher, parent information system. The registration process requires the creation of a parent/guardian account in PowerSchool. Each parent/guardian will need an account to access your student’s information. If you are new the to district you will need to preregister first at this site:
Once you have a PowerSchool account, use the Access ID and Password that was emailed to you from the pre-registration. Click the Student tab and click Add to link the student to your account.
In order to create a parent account, you will need to go to the PowerSchool login page:
- Click the Create Account tab
- Click Create Account
- Enter your name and an e-mail address –The e-mail address MUST be unique. If Parent/Guardians share the same email address, you should only set up one PowerSchool account.
- Username – Avoid spaces, apostrophes, and other special characters (ex. /,*,&,#,@)
- Password – Avoid spaces and apostrophes. Enter a password that is at least eight characters.
- Enter the Name of each of your students to the right of “Student name”.
- Enter the Access ID and Access Password for each student found at the bottom of email.
- If there are multiple children enrolling, create one parent account and enter access information for all students
- One email will be received per student with access information at the bottom of the message
- Select your relationship to the student. For example, I am the ____ of the student.
- Click Enter when you have completed this information for all of your students.
- You will receive an email confirmation message when your account has been successfully created.
Options for Registration
|Option 1PowerSchool Public Portal||Follow http://centraldecatur.powerschool.comLog in to PowerSchool by entering the username and password that you created. Click Forms in the left navigation column to complete this year’s registration forms.|
|Option 2PowerSchool App||Download the PowerSchool App on a mobile device and enter this code to connect to our PowerSchool: RNQH Touch More in the lower-right corner. Touch Forms to complete this year’s registration forms. Choose Enrollment from the drop down list.|
Registration will need to be completed separately for all students. After accessing PowerSchool from the Public Portal or from the App, accessing the “Forms” options will allow you to complete the registration process for each student. Then, click the next student’s name in the top left corner (in the top right on the PowerSchool application) to complete registration forms for the next student. The “Home Language Survey” tab will allow you to complete the Home Language Survey. On this survey, you do not need to enter your previous enrollment information. You will complete all forms and the Home Language Survey displayed for the first student selected.
Returning students will have information inserted in the forms that they will need to double check and make changes as needed. They will also need to complete the information within the forms that is missing.
Student forms included in this year’s registration process include
- Student Demographics
- Student Address
- Student Contacts
- Home Language Survey
- Health Information
- Health Authorizations
- Acknowledgement of Completion
Once you complete your last form, click forms to return to the forms homepage. If all forms show submitted, your registration process is complete. Finally, you need to pay the appropriate fees.
To pay online and create a EZSchoolPay account:
Each student is required to pay a Book Rental fee in the amount of $45 with a Family Max of $120. High School students will owe $5 class dues. Incoming 7th grade students and all new middle school or high school students will owe a $35 laptop deposit.
1. If you would like to pay these fees online go to EZSchoolPay. Either log in to your existing account or register as a new user. You will need each student’s ID number. This can be found in your parent portal in Other Information in the left hand navigation bar.
This process will reduce or eliminate the paper forms required to be filled out.
Do I still need to come to registration on August 8?
NO. If you have completed ALL the necessary forms and paid your fees online or mailed them to the school using the Mailable Fees Form then you are Finished. All fees are due before your student(s) start school.
What is the registration process?
- Complete the online Free/Reduced Meal Online Application if needed. (This form is also printable from the school’s e-Registration page and if completed prior to registration will reduce your time at the school. The paper Free/Reduced Meal Applications can also be found in the August District Newsletter and on the school’s e-Registration page under Nutrition.
- To begin the registration process, please sign at http://centraldecatur.powerschool.com
- Complete the e-Registration process located on the lower left side of your Parent page.
New to the District
- New Families: http://ecollect.accelaschool.com/CDSDregistration
What if I don’t have access to a computer at home with Internet access? Where can I go to register?
Computers will be available during registration at the high school on August 8.
What if I have more than one student in the district? Do I need to do this for each student?
Yes, because you’ll need to provide information that is specific for each child.
Do I have to answer all the questions?
Yes, all questions MUST be answered for each student.
Do I need to bring my child to registration?
Please DO NOT bring students to registration.
How much of the registration process can be done from home?
What is the deadline to register?
Central Decatur School District is a public school with no registration deadline and will enroll all students who reside within the district and meet the registration requirements. We strongly encourage you complete registration as soon as possible to make sure everyone is prepared by the start of school on August 23. If you are unable to attend the district-wide registration you will need to contact the attendance center to check on days and times available.
- CD Online Enrollment Directions for Returning Students
- CD Online Enrollment Directions for New Students
- Contacts Update (PDF)
- School Fees Information (PDF)
- Pay School Fees Online
- Mailable Fees Form (PDF)
- K-12 Supply List (PDF)
- Elementary Handbook (PDF)
- MS/HS Handbook (PDF)
- PTO Information
- Free/Reduced Parent Letter
- Free/Reduced Meal Instructions
- Free/Reduced Meal Application (printable)
- Dietary Modification Form (PDF)
- Free/Reduced Online Application
- Online Lunch Tracking and Deposits (PDF)
Health Forms and Information
- Anaphylaxis Action Plan (PDF)
- Asthma Action Plan (PDF)
- Asthma Self Medication Permission Form (PDF)
- Dental Screening (Grades K and 9) (PDF)
- Kindergarten Physical Form (PDF)
- Medication Authorization Form (PDF)
- School Health Requirements
- Seizure Action Plan (PDF)
- Vision Screening (PDF)
- Athletic Exam (7-12) (PDF)
- Athletic Insurance Waiver (7-12) (PDF)
- Concussion Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Booster Club Membership Form (PDF)