- There shall be no alcoholic beverages brought to or consumed in the buildings or on the grounds.
- The use of nicotine products in school facilities and on school grounds shall be prohibited.
- A custodian or employee may be present while the facility is being used.
- After a school building has been used by an outside group, cleaning, including restoring the facility or site to the condition it was in prior to its use, will be done by employees assisted by a committee from the outside group. Fees for such work will be charged to the group as part of the rental fee charged for the use of the building. However, if excessive costs are involved in cleaning or otherwise restoring the facility or site to the condition it was in prior to its use, the Board reserves the right to charge the entity for these excessive costs.
- After school district equipment has been used by an entity, the equipment must be returned to the school district in the condition it was in prior to its use. The fee charged to the entity for the use of the equipment will include these costs. However, if excessive costs are involved in restoring the equipment to the condition it was in prior to its use, the Board reserves the right to charge the entity for these excessive costs.
- Entities are required to stay within the area of the school district facility or site and use only the school district equipment authorized by the school district for use by the entity. Other school district facilities, sites, or areas in the school district building or equipment are off limits to the entity.
- Serve Safe certified nutrition services kitchen staff is required to be present when food is being prepared and served to ensure the safe handling, preparation, and holding of food. Also, safe use of equipment and proper sanitization of surfaces, utensils, and dishes. All per the Iowa Food Code and per food license.
A $25 deposit is required at the time of application to reserve the facility. The deposit will be applied to the cost of the facility rental. School and non-profit groups that directly benefit district students will be exempt from the deposit. A cancellation after the facility or equipment is made ready for the entity shall result in a loss of deposit. Cancellation made prior to that time shall be charged a minimum cancellation fee or the costs incurred to the school district in anticipation of the entity’s use, whichever is greater.